1. The 4th of July was great! We spent most of the day unpacking and organizing and in the evening we had a great time with some good friends. Nichole and Marc came over to celebrate with us. We joined a party that my parents hosted. It was really wonderful! We were also graced with the presence of Fr. Lappe. He brought some watermelon juice that he made. He was surprised to find out that John has not been baptized. We are hoping for that to happen either at the end of July or the beginning of August. Hopefully after he is baptized he will stop sinning so much! (J/K!!)
2. I have been trying to go to daily Mass at least two times each week. It is so hard to get out of bed! However, I was successful this week. We went this morning. Now that John is talking a lot (yeah!), he has also started talking during Mass (boo!). I am looking forward to the time when I will be able to reason with him and teach him about reverence. For now, his coos during Mass are precious and not too disturbing - I hope!
3. I finished unpacking everything in the kitchen. It feels good to have one room organized, but all the other rooms need a lot of work!
4. Here is a quote from what I read this week out of the terrific book I'm reading (How to Change Your Husband): "Many would agree there are few who would be considered 'gentlemen' in our society today. Why is that? How many women today are really sweet and gentle on a continued basis? Who is it but mothers that can teach gentleness to little boys and girls? Look at how few mothers today are truly gentle, and if it is so in public, does a gentle spirit truly prevail to their children behind closed doors? Until we have real and true 'gentle-wives' and 'gentle-mothers,' we will never have 'gentlemen.'"
5. Andrew's back has been giving him trouble. He had to work from our apartment for a couple of days because he could barely walk. He is doing a lot better, but still needs healing. Please keep him in your prayers.
6. John is growing out of some of his clothes! Yesterday I went through the clothes that I had stored because they were too big. I pulled out a bunch that will fit him now. He is growing so fast!
7. A look ahead: My mom and I are going to learn how to make jam tonight at our friend's house. It should be fun!! This weekend is pretty open, which is unusual, so we are looking forward to getting more things done around the apartment.