1. I always knew mom's kisses were powerful!
2. I just came across THIS great list of neat wedding favors... but since I'm already married, I thought I'd pass it on to my friends who are not yet married. I had fun looking at them!!
3. Sorry I've been MIA on our blog - I've been feeling a little uninspired and busy with little Johnny...
4. I got a helium birthday balloon for John. It was and still is a big hit! Even though now it doesn't float anymore, he still plays with it more than a lot of his toys. Whenever we have other babies over to play, they always go for the balloon. Kids just like balloons - it reminds me of that movie The Red Balloon.
5. I love when I think a product should be invented and then discover that it already has been! This happened today when I found this faucet cover at Nordstrom's. I've been so afraid of John bumping his head on the faucet and now I don't have to! =D (Here is another item that I wanted to invent, but discovered I don't have to! *Genius!*)
6. Andrew and I have been watching Lost since its beginning. The show started the same year we began dating. We stayed up late on Sunday to watch the one-and-a-half hour finale. It's hard to believe it's over... but I thought it ended well - keeps you guessing, while still providing some closure. I kind of like when shows end so that I feel less committed to TV.
7. Not too much to update on, I'm basically doing the same things every week (Watching John, keeping up with our home, going to Little Flowers, Encounter, swimming, and mom's group...) - seeking beauty and joy in every day life!
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Saturday, May 22, 2010
John has finally begun walking... I was surprised by the long process it has been for him. He began taking steps here and there about a month ago. Then on his birthday, he walked about three feet! Ever since then he has been walking more and more.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Part 1: The Night Before
Last night we celebrated my Grandpa's 92nd birthday. He came up from his home in Oregon on Thursday and will be with us for a few days. John was only one day from sharing his birthday with his Great-Grandfather! We had a celebration for Grandpa with pizza, cake, and games.
John got to open up one of his presents early. His Grandma and Grandpa Stockton gave him the pool for his "pool party." So he had to open it last night so we could get it ready for the party. Naturally, we had to blow it up right then and there. John was SO excited, he was nearly bouncing off the walls! He did not go to bed easily... finally he crashed around 10:00 pm!
Part 2: Morning Mass
We went to Mass as a family - It was great! John almost made it through the whole Mass. We hope to make this a family tradition on birthdays.
Part 3: The Armed Forces Day Parade (Shhh... John thought it was "John's Birthday Parade")
He was mesmerized by the bands!
John and Great-Grandpa
Part 4: The Pool Party
Making an entrance in his swimming suit
He wasn't so sure about the pool with water in it, but we warmed it up with bath water and he ended up having a lot of fun!
"Happy birthday to John"
Devouring his birthday cupcake
Checking out all his new loot!
For those of you who haven't seen it, here is the link to John's first year album that I made a few weeks ago. We just got it in the mail at it turned out beautifully!
Happy birthday to our darling boy! We love you so much!