Hosted at Conversion Diary
1. I'm not sure why, but I haven't been feeling too inspired lately in regards to blogging. I'm sure you have noticed by my lack of posting! I have been busy - but no more busy than I have been in the past. Regardless of my inspirational drought, I will keep pressing on and do my quick takes this week. =)
2. We went up to Bellingham for Thanksgiving. It was very refreshing to be with Andrew's parents, Lou and Jenna, and friends. Mom St.Hilaire sure is a great cook! I was in charge of the mashed potatoes, which turned out well. Since I generally don't eat turkey, mashed potatoes are my main dish for Thanksgiving. Yum, yum, yum, I love potatoes! While we were in town, I was able to visit with some friends that I took care of when I worked for Catholic Community Services. I hadn't seen either of them since before our wedding, so it was great to catch up!
3. I've been busy baking Christmas cookies. I am trying to get a bunch done a head of time so I have less to do around Christmas. Hopefully they make it to the freezer before we eat them all now! Here are the recipes for the cookies I am making this year:
Chocolate Toffee Crunchies (SO good!)
Lemon Drop Cookies
Chocolate Crackle Cookies
Holly Christmas Cookies
4. Andrew got a beer brewing kit about a month ago. He just began brewing his first batch of beer last Sunday. If all goes well, it will be ready by Christmas!
5. We just saw the movie "UP" last week. I really enjoyed it - So much that I watched it again last night. See it. It's good!
6. Another recommendation: I just bought the book Super Baby Food. It is very informative and I am learning a lot. It has great recipes for making your own baby food. Under the guidance of this book, I made some brown rice for John. First I ground it in our coffee grinder. It turned to powder and then I boiled it in some water. I felt very accomplished - until John showed great disgust during his meal. Maybe I can doctor it up somehow...
7. John is SO CLOSE to crawling! I bet he will be crawling within a week or two - definitely before Christmas! Today he was holding himself up on his hands and then flexing his legs out so that he was holding himself up by his hands and toes (See pictures below). It looked like he was ready to do a push up! Overall, John is doing great! He is a healthy, happy, and joyful guy. I love spending my days with him!
#5 - Thanks for the movie recommendation -- I was just looking for something good to watch while I do Christmas cards.ReplyDelete
These were a fun read -- thanks for participating!
Jennifer, you should watch it! I didn't explain this, but I should have mentioned that it has a great portrayal of marriage. It is a sweet movie, but prepare to tear up a little! =)ReplyDelete
That baby is getting SO BIG!!! What a cutie!ReplyDelete
He does look really ready to start cruising around...