1. Our friend Neil came over on Wednesday night. He is studying at Franciscan University in Ohio. Andrew used to live with Neil in Bellingham at the Xavier House (Catholic guy's house). It was really great seeing Neil again! He got to meet John for the first time:
2. One of my best friends/former roommate, Chelsea, married the love of her life on August 1st. I was blessed to stand by her as her matron of honor. Congratulations Kent and Chelsea!!
3. We watched Phantom of the Opera a few nights ago. It was good, but I don't get why it is so popular... to be honest, it was kind of weird; but I have had the sound track in my head all week!
5. We opened up our home to a Sister from California. Her name is Sister Mary Joseph. She came up to assist with the Vacation Bible School that we had at our church. It was such a blessing to have her here. I had many good conversations with her. It is nice to meet an orthodox Sister. She left on Sunday and I was sad to see her go. After spending so much time with her, I really view her as a bride of Christ!
My parents with Sister Mary Joseph in our church.6. Simple Mom has really inspired me. I recently made an 8-week meal plan. My plan is to cycle through these meals and swap out meals as we get bored with them. Having this plan also makes shopping easier. I really don't like shopping; so with this plan I am able to cut grocery shopping down to two times per month! I like that. =)
7. And now, the reason you have come to our blog: an update on John. He is becoming very skilled with his hands. He loves to hold his burp cloths and smother his face in them. He also sucks on his fingers a lot. He continues to be a very sweet and calm baby. I love snuggling with him. I feel like the luckiest person to be able to hang out with him all day! Right now he is sleeping on my lap and I am typing with one hand! Here is a video I just took today: